Head of Security – Delta, BC
The Head of Security position plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, invitees and others. This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. Ensuring that established goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed priorities, time limitations and with fiscal responsibilities.
In this role you will advises, makes recommendations, assists in the formulation of goals and objectives; designs, implements and monitors security policies, procedures and programs; complies with federal, state and local legal regulations.
- Plans, examines, analyzes, evaluates and supervises the security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security personnel;
- Prepares reports and records for management team;
- Evaluates current procedures, practices and precedents for accomplishing the activities and functions relative to security;
- Identifies and resolves security related problems;
- Develops and implements alternative methods for security operation improvement;
- Coordinates activities within security area;
- Prepares periodic budget estimate and reports;
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed;
- Reviews financial reports to ensure security operation efficiency and quality control;
- Develops preventative security programs, including the supervision of security personnel;
- Performs audits of security related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security, including
security equipment condition;
- Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations, policies and procedures; develops, implements and manages security training;
- Assists in preparation of emergency management and contingency planning;
- Serves as liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security;
- Performs, arranges and supervises executive protection;
- Performs other activities as assigned;
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate and/or contract personnel, activities and security functions, utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices;
- Initiates personnel actions such as recruitment, selections, transfers, promotions and discipline or dismissal measures;
- Provides work directives for subordinates;
- Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational security functions;
- Interprets and disseminates policy to subordinate personnel; and evaluates employee performance
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, criminal justice, law enforcement, security or a closely related field;
- Ten (10) years full-time experience performing supervisory responsibilities or highly responsible work relating to
tasks assigned to this position;
- Any combination of education and experience provided the required skill and knowledge for successful
performance would be qualifying;
- Military experience would be considered an asset;
- Law enforcement experience;
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) by the American Society for Industrial Security;
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle license and willingness to operate motor vehicles in the course of employment;
- Any professionally recognized certifications in the security related field;
- Proficient in English
The Cannabis Act requires candidates to undergo security/background checks, and the individual must be approved by Health Canada as suitable for the Head of Security role.
Work Environment: This job operates in a clerical office environment, as well as periodical rounds throughout the corporation’s grounds and worksite. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
What We Offer
Incorporated in 2013, 3|Sixty Secure was created with the vision of redefining security services around the world. At 3|Sixty, our clients expect and deserve the highest quality of service across all of our services lines; from providing a strong physical presence on the client site, to deploying the highest caliber of staff within our Secure Transport Division to ensure exceptional, consistent delivery from pick-up to unload every time. Additionally, 3|Sixty provides risk mitigation services to both the public and private sectors. All this coupled with an engaged and enabled workforce allows us to execute excellence for our clients every day.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that 3|Sixty Secure does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, 3|Sixty will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, 3|Sixty explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of 3|Sixty.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
We thank all who apply. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position requires to be on call 24 hours a day.
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
- How many years of Military or Law Enforcement experience do you have?
- How many years of Supervisory / Managerial experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: CPP – Certified Protection Professional?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Security Guard License?