Health and Safety Coordinator – Almonte, ON
As our Health and Safety Coordinator, you will work to create and enforce a culture of safety within our organization. You will implement programs, policies, and assessments to ensure our company is in compliance with all federal and internal health and safety rules and regulations. In this key role, you will also review reports and findings to monitor performance and detect trends related to health and safety.
Reporting to the Compliance Director, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating procedures and written plans, safety and claims related training, orientation training, and the completion of regulatory reporting requirements such as the employer report of injury within each province.
- Coordinate the collection of Safety performance metrics and prepare reports as required;
- Coordinate HS prequalification packages for the various project groups;
- Fielding HS related inquiries from operational groups;
- Assist the incident reporting process by collecting the incident reports and ensuring data integrity and timely submissions until the close out of the incidents;
- Support operation groups’ management of subcontractors;
- Support the HS orientation training process and other required specific training;
- Participate in presentations as required;
- Prepare various HS communications to support the HS Program;
- Maintain the HS web portal in conjunction with corporate communications and the Compliance Team;
- Assist in the development and evaluation of HS internal training;
- Assist in the development of HS Project Plans with Operational Groups;
- Assist in developing, maintaining or updating HS programs;
- Involved in the management of work related injury claims, including filing claims and conducting workplace investigations;
- Generate reporting based on frequency and severity metrics as well as calculate and report on internal costs associated with Safety Management;
- Collect and report on near misses reported from the operations field staff;
- Participate in the development and implementation of HS corporate initiatives as required;
- Represent corporate HS both internally and externally.
- One (1) to three (3) years of HS related experience;
- Post-Secondary Health and Safety Education;
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to manage change;
- Knowledge of HS Management Systems such as OHSAS 18001;
- Knowledge of and experience implementing applicable regional regulations and requirements;
- Demonstrated high level of interpretive thinking and mature judgment;
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the proficient use of spreadsheets, Visio, Articulate Storyline, Sharepoint, electronic presentations and databases;
- Effective communication skills;
- Strong presentation skills including public speaking;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner;
What We Offer
Incorporated in 2013, 3|Sixty Secure Corp was created with the vision of redefining security services around the world. At 3|Sixty, our clients expect and deserve the highest quality of service across all of our services lines; from providing a strong physical presence on the client site, to deploying the highest caliber of staff within our Secure Transport Division to ensure exceptional, consistent delivery from pick-up to unload every time. Additionally, 3|Sixty provides risk mitigation services to both the public and private sectors. All this coupled with an engaged and enabled workforce allows us to execute excellence for our clients every day.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that 3|Sixty Secure Corp does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, 3|Sixty will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, 3|Sixty explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of 3|Sixty.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We thank all who apply. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
Location: Almonte, Ontario