Procurement Manager – Smiths Falls, ON
Our company is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough and organized Procurement Manager to oversee purchases and to develop and maintain contracts. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow best practice procurement procedures and be responsible for approving purchases.
Incorporated in 2013, 3 Sixty Secure Corp was created with the vision of redefining security services around the world. At 3|Sixty, our clients expect and deserve the highest quality of service across all of our services lines; from providing a strong physical presence on the client site, to deploying the highest caliber of staff within our Secure Transport Division to ensure exceptional, consistent delivery from pick-up to unload every time. Additionally, 3 Sixty provides risk mitigation services to both the public and private sectors. All this coupled with an engaged and enabled workforce allows us to execute excellence for our clients every day.
Procurement Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to Director, Shared Services
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Supervise Shipping & Receiving staff
Procurement Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- College diploma or equivalent
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Five years previous experience as procurement officer or related position
- Three years previous experience as a supervisor/manager
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that 3 Sixty Secure Corp does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, 3 Sixty will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, 3 Sixty explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of 3|Sixty.