Security Guard / Shipper Receiver – Lower Sackville, NS
Our growing security and patrol organization is currently accepting applications for the role of Security Guard in Lower Sackville, NS. The successful candidate will identify and report incidents at assigned client sites and will be responsible for the security and safety of our clients’ properties. The Security Officer will periodically tour the assigned facility to identify any irregularities, observe protection and fire control equipment, uphold order, and enforce regulations for the facility in regard to the premises, personnel and visitors.
Incorporated in 2013, 3|Sixty was created with the vision that there is more to security than just providing the basics. That the client expects and deserves more. High quality, elite services, from a physical presence on site, comprising of the highest caliber of staff, the secure transport services, ensuring each shipment and delivery is consistent from pick up to unload. By providing risk mitigation services to both the public and private sectors 3|Sixty is able to inform and advise each client on their unique challenges and needs.
Full time or part time availability, and be willing to work weekend days/nights and weekends. All training will be provided. Must have excellent communication and observation skills, be physically fit to endure foot patrols throughout each shift at a large facility.
24/7 protection of a large facility. Days, nights, weekends required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide a high level of customer service in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Monitor site visitors, cameras, and alarm systems to ensure safety and access is in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Respond professionally to site emergencies (alarms, medical emergencies, fires and other urgent matters).
- Prevent theft, violence or infraction of rules and regulations.
- Maintain professional and effective reports in accordance with the standard operating procedures for the facility.
- Effectively document all suspicious activities, concerns, issues, events and contacts the appropriate authorities if necessary.
Shipping and Receiving:
- Oversee the receiving department.
- Receive incoming shipments in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Verify shipments that are received against the shipping documentation.
- Inspect received items for damages/defects.
- Manage the storage of items once they are received.
- Record incoming shipments and document them appropriately.
- Ensure accuracy of documentation and inventory.
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse.
- Assist production to distribute supplies on demand and ensure smooth transition of material.
- Movement and coordination of materials to and from storage warehouses.
- Prepare and execute inter-company shipments and all international shipping
- Receive all incoming and outgoing deliveries, regardless of the time during the shift.
- Coordinate with construction team to prevent back log of material in ship bay.
- Valid Security Guard Licence
- Valid First Aid Licence
- Provide quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to respond with patience, courtesy, and professionalism
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Verbal and written communication
- Dependable and punctual, able to work with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking
Please submit a CV/summary of recent work, copy of guard license, asap.
Only successful applicants will be contacted – Thank you
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.50 /hour