Security Guard – Vancouver, BC
Temporary position – Convention December 9 – December 13th Our growing security and patrol organization is currently accepting applications for the role of Security Officer. The successful candidate will identify and report incidents at assigned client sites and will be responsible for the security and safety of our clients’ properties. The Security Officer will periodically tour the assigned facility to identify any irregularities, observe protection and fire control equipment, uphold order, and enforce regulations for the facility in regard to the premises, personnel and visitors.
Incorporated in 2013, 3|Sixty was created with the vision that there is more to security than just providing the basics. That the client expects and deserves more. High quality, elite services, from a physical presence on site, comprising of the highest caliber of staff, the secure transport services, ensuring each shipment and delivery is consistent from pick up to unload. By providing risk mitigation services to both the public and private sectors 3|Sixty is able to inform and advise each client on their unique challenges and needs.
Note: This position requires that the candidate speak fluent, clear and concise English.
All applicants must have a valid BC security guard license. Full time or part time availability, and be willing to work weekend days/nights and weekends. All training will be provided. Must have excellent communication and observation skills, be physically fit to endure foot patrols throughout each shift at a large facility.
24/7 protection of a large facility. Days, nights, weekends required.
- Access control, patrol assigned areas and site to ensure the security of the client property, employees and equipment against theft, fraud, fire, flood, vandalism, criminal activity, etc.
- Operate security monitoring equipment and telecommunications (i.e. two-way radio, alarm systems)
- Monitor security surveillance systems (CCTV)
- Resolve conflict situations
- Enforce regulations of establishment
- Ensure safety and emergency procedures are followed
- Respond to alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies
- Report writing
- Valid Security Guard Licence
- Valid First Aid Licence
- Level 3 First Aid an asset
- Provide quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to respond with patience, courtesy, and professionalism
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Verbal and written communication
- Dependable and punctual, able to work with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking
Please submit a CV/summary of recent work, copy of guard license, asap. Only successful applicants will be contacted.